Wednesday 9 November 2011

After Travels: Glass House Mountains

Hey Everyone!  
Well, as my travels become more and more exciting, I have less and less time to blog.  Not to mention, there is not much internet to be found, and the internet I often use to check emails and such, is extremely slow!

Me at the top of the mountain

Heading north from Brisbane, we stopped in Maloolooba, and traveled to the Australian Zoo and the Glass House Mountains.  Since I had already been to the Melbourne Zoo, I decided to venture out and try to climb an extremely steep mountain.  I thought it would be easy enough, but as we drove up to the national park I suddenly realized this would not be a walk in the park...literally!

Not so sure if climbing this thing is a good idea!

The steep adventure.

Hot and sweaty...but we made it!

The Glass House Mountains are actually left over volcanoes.  So, they are not an actual mountain range, but rather deposits of volcanic rock...really LARGE deposits!!  It took about 40 minutes up and 30 minutes down the mountain.  I really did not know how I was going to get down the mountain, once I was at the top, but it actually turned out to be easier than climbing up it.  I went down feet first, sort of like a catapillar, and looked quite silly, but it was an efficient and safe way down.  

Enjoying the beautiful view!

Climbing this was fun, good exercise, and a great accomplishment!  Now I feel I could climb anything...well almost anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment