Monday 25 July 2011

The Epic Costume Party: Aussie Style!

Hello friends!  I am sorry that I haven't blogged in so long!!  I have been having MAJOR internet issues at my accommodation, and as I could go on and on about that fiasco, I'd like to keep this blog on a lighter note.

This weekend, my neighbors and good friends, decided to throw a themed party.  At first we were thinking of specific themes, but then we decided to throw a full on, anything goes, costume bash.  Who doesn't love a costume party?  I know I LOVE them, and anytime I dress up, I try to be as creative as I can.  Lets face it, I'm broke, so I need to be sensible when thinking of a costume.  So, while moseying through K-Mart a couple of hours before the party, (oh, by the way, K-Mart is WAY nicer here than in the States) I came across ducked-tape and poster paper.  That was that, I was going to make myself into an iPod.

With a little creativity an determination, I transformed myself into an iPod, as you can see by the photos above!  My costume was a hit.  It was a little difficult to move around in, as the entire thing was made out of ducked-tape, but I was a trooper and made it through the night, without any wardrobe malfunctions.  Everyone was pretty impressed with this idea, and the question I received the most was, "Do you have anything under there, or did you ducked-tape straight to your skin?"  Well folks, I'm not an idiot. Of course I wore clothing underneath, it would have been extremely painful to tear off tape from my own skin!  I wore shorts and a tube top.  It actually worked out pretty well, until I had to figure out a way to get it off.  Oh, and thankfully I did not have to use the restroom the entire time I was in costume.  I really don't know how I would have managed that one!  My friend Amy helped me take it off, using scissors as carefully as she could, and her shear strength (by her ripping off huge amounts of ducked-tape in one swift tug!).  It was extremely fun, and I loved dressing up.




There were other great costumes at the party as well.  My friend Hannah was an avatar, and, in my opinion, should have been cast in the movie, because she looked amazing!  My friends Amy and Sara were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and painted themselves green, but Amy couldn't stand the itchy paint, so she was only green for part of the party.  Also my friend Lucy pulled off a smurf costume pretty well!! There was definitely a range of costumes, some very creative!  I wish I could post more photos, but that would be a bit obnoxious, so I thought these represented the party pretty well.

That is pretty much it for one weekend.  A ton of fun, and right next door to my house, which is the perfect location!  I think every single person at the party enjoyed them self, and there was no drama, fighting, or foolishness.  That is pretty much the greatest part of Australia; everyone is laid back, happy, and just wanting to have a good time.  Alrighty, I threw in one more photo above, because I just couldn't help myself.  But, now the week has begun, and school, my internship, and job hunting will fulfill my week completely!

Until next time...Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment