Saturday 20 August 2011

The Beautiful City of Melbourne



Hello Guys!  Sorry I haven't blogged in such a lengthy amount of time...this week has seriously been one of the busiest weeks ever!  Finally, on Friday when everything was complete, I felt like a zombi and all I could think about was sleep!!  Australia is definitely keeping me busy, but I am loving every minute of it.  I thought I'd show everyone the city of Melbourne.  It is a mix between classic and modern buildings, and is one of the fashion capitals in the world!





I love the feel of the city.  It is busy, but not as busy at NYC, it has much more of a Chicago vibe to it, which is why I think I enjoy it.  It is very different though.  Trams go through the middle of the street, carrying every kind of person, from people going to work, to people getting their shopping on!  It is a mix of corporate, fashion, entertainment, and residential.  Of course it is WAY expensive to live in the city, but I think that goes for pretty much any large and booming city out there.  The thing that is really nice about Melbourne, is there are these little hidden alley-ways all around.  These are the places with small cafes and boutiques.  Everything is fresh and unique, and it has a sort of European feel to it.  Within the city, there are many different parts you can go to, that all give a different feel.  It is pretty amazing, and has whatever you'd like, for whatever mood you are in.  A BIG bonus, is the SHOPPING!!  Shopping is phenomenal here, and everyone is very fashion forward!!







The other day, after work, I was doing some light shopping and wondering around the city, when I cam across a man doing chalk art.  It was pretty amazing to see what he did with simply chalk!!  I know this is not unique to Melbourne, but everyone really stopped to appreciate it, and the mans tip jar was pretty full!  That is what I love about this city.  People have a real appreciation for art, fashion, and expression.  They are all generally nice, and I've noticed, they take their time to appreciate things, or just say 'cheers' (thank you) when necessary.  I think that is important, especially in these days, when everyone is so caught up with work, and their busy lives.  Sometimes its better to slow down for a second, and appreciate all you have, and what's around you!

Cheers until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment